Private Capital Management works together with you across all aspects of your financial life.
Every investment strategy begins with a conversation. We discuss your investment history and experience, your short and long-term needs, your retirement horizon, and the level of risk you are comfortable taking. Then we draw on these insights to build a diversified portfolio that’s closely aligned with your financial objectives.
Private Capital Management Principles of Investing
- Your investments should be intended to meet the goals of your financial plan, not to beat the stock market.
- Diversification is an essential tool to keep your investments on track with your financial plan. A concentrated portfolio creates a high risk of loss.
- Investors must take on enough risk to meet their financial plan. Excessive bonds or cash in a portfolio can reduce needed returns to beat inflation.
- Investors deserve the most sophisticated portfolio available. For that reason, we employ an institutional approach to investing, similar to that used by many major endowments and pension funds.
Academic-Based Investing in the Global Stock Market
Through our open-architecture approach to investing, we are able to maintain both independence and objectivity. We are also able to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
- Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA): Since 1981, DFA has managed low cost, broadly diversified portfolios that are systematically designed to capture higher expected returns. DFA’s approach is grounded in economic theory and based on several decades of empirical research. DFA fund shares are not available directly to individuals and are limited to clients of a select group of fee-only financial advisory firms. We are privileged to be one of the few firms in Denver with access to their funds.
- Applied Quantitative Research (AQR): AQR is a quantitative asset manager that specializes in both traditional and alternative strategies. Similar to DFA, AQR takes an academic, research-based approach to investing that focuses on proven sources of excess return. AQR funds are managed by a systematic process that is characterized by low cost, high diversification, and strategic trading. AQR funds are available to institutional investors and through registered investment advisors.
In addition to traditional investments in stocks, bonds and cash, Private Capital Management offers strategies we believe will add value through increased diversification, reduced volatility, and income or growth in variable market conditions. These opportunities may include:
- Hedging strategies and active trading strategies such as equity structured notes and long/short investing.
- Private investment opportunities including private asset lending, private real estate, and private equity.
Information provided should not be construed as investment advice and is not meant to be taken as a recommendation to buy or sell. The financial situation and investment objectives of each individual must be considered for suitability prior to any recommendations being made.